There’s a great scene in High Fidelity where John Cusack has records strewn all over the floor of his apartment. Its obvious he is organizing them, but when asked how by his friend, he reveals that he is organizing them autobiographically.
Apparently, I’m not the only one that does this, but I seem to group my CD collection into discographies related to certain times of year and certain periods in my recent history. So in a sense, there is a mini-soundtrack to roughly each semester that I was in college and even throughout most of high school.
In that vein, it would seem good for everybody involved to reveal just what the soundtrack is for this autumn, simply because you need to know what to be listening to in order to fully enjoy your autumn.
So anyway, here’s the current discography:
- “Chase This Light” Jimmy Eat World
- “Colors” Between the Buried and Me
- “Autumn of the Seraphs” Pinback
- “Lost Ocean” Lost Ocean
- “Brother, Sister” mewithoutYou
- “Good Apollo I’m Burning Star IV Vol. 1 & 2” Coheed and Cambria
- “Vheissu” Thrice
- “Make Sure They See My Face” Kenna
- “Sirens” It Dies Today
- “The Alchemy Index Vol. 1& 2” Thrice
- “As Daylight Dies” Killswitch Engage
- “Rockin the Suburbs” Ben Folds
- “Phantoms” Acceptance
- “Come Now Sleep” As Cities Burn
- “Singularity” Mae
- “Menos El Oso” Minus the Bear
- “I’m Only a Man” Emery
- “Almost Here” The Academy Is…
- “Doppleganger” Fall of Troy
- “Mute Math” Mute Math
Well there you go, hopefully that helps your choices next trip to Best Buy, or next perusal of amazom.com Its way past bedtime, ideally the next post will have a little more thought provoking substance. Or maybe that’s wishful thinking, we’ll see.