It’s that time of year. The time when you look at your book shelves and think, “I need to make some room for some new books!”
Actually, it’s more, “Hey, there’s a bunch of books here that I don’t need/want, maybe I should liquidate them” (and maybe buy some new books).
In all seriousness, I do have some books that I’d like to sell, whether or not I use the money to replace them on my shelves. Some of these I’m letting go because I got the digital version in Logos (the commentaries for instance) and others it’s because they just didn’t grab my interest, or I don’t care to keep them in my library. Part of what comes with doing so many book reviews is that I request books to evaluate that I might be a little more hesitant to buy. Sometimes it ends up being a great addition to my library, and sometimes it ends up being a book that I think would make a great addition to someone else’s library (if you catch my drift).
So, without delay, here’s the books. I’ll be putting them up on Amazon on Friday, but you can secure them directly from me now. Once they’re up on Amazon, you’ll have to buy them through Amazon. Just FYI.
First, I have several Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries:
Genesis by Derek Kidner $5
- Exodus by Alan Cole $3
Leviticus by R. K. Harrison $5
- Numbers by Gordon Wenham $10 (newer edition)
- Deuteronomy by J. A. Thompson $3
- Joshua by Richard Hess $9 (newer edition)
- Judges & Ruth by Arthur Cundall & Leon Morris
- 1 & 2 Samuel by Joyce G. Baldwin $5
- 1 & 2 Kings by Donald J. Wiseman $5
- Jeremiah and Lamentations by R.K. Harrison $3 (old school ed.)
- Joel and Amos by David Allan Hubbard $3
- Obadiah, Jonah, Micah by T. Desmond Alexander, David Baker, and Bruce Waltke $3
- Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi by Joyce Baldwin $3
- Psalms 1-72, Psalms 73-150 by Derek Kidner $5 (each)
- Job by Francis Andersen $3
- Esther by Joyce Baldwin $3
- Daniel by Joyce Baldwin $3
- Ezra and Nehemiah by Derek Kidner $3
- 1 Chronicles & 2 Chronicles by Martin J. Selman $5 (each)
All of these are in fairly good condition, some like new. Most are the original printing, which means they have the old looking cover but have the same content are the new reprint. Job is hardback, the rest are paperback. I’m leaving price off so we can negotiate. Generally, I’ll undercut the best price on Amazon for a similar item. If you combine several, it saves me on shipping and moves them off my shelf quicker.
Then, I’ve got several different theology and Christian living titles:
- Delighting in The Trinity by Tim Chester $6
- Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian $6
- Real Marriage by The Driscolls (includes my notes and annotations!) $5
- The Invention of The Biblical Scholar by Stephen Moore & Yvonne Sherwood $9
- Evangelical Theology by Karl Barth $5
- The Message of Nehemiah by Raymond Brown $7
- Paul’s Missionary Methods: In His Time and Ours ed. Robert Plummer & John Mark Terry $13
- Why Cities Matter by Stephen Um & Justin Buzzard $10
To Change the World by James Davidson Hunter $19
Same on these as well, I’ll undercut Amazon’s low price. These are all used, except for the last two which are unread and like new. All of the others are in very good condition with only minor wear and/or markings. I’ll give specific details if you’re interested.
Like I said, I’m listing these Friday. Until then we can work out deals directly. I’ll update this page as people claim books.