Well, graduation weekend is officially over.
My parents are somewhere in the airspace between here and Memphis, and I’m on break from teaching lessons.
It was a great weekend, I’m glad they could come in (and my wife’s Aunt Dorian as well) and we got to spend time together as I moved past this milestone
Two weeks and two days from now, we’ll be packed up and heading to Florida…
Who knows how long we might be there.
In the midst of this, it’s about time for a quarter life identity crisis.
Nothing major, just some time re-thinking, and recovering, both in a physical sense and in a “returning to the past sense.”
I apologize that most of what I’ve given you the past few years has basically been academic thought vomits.
Starting right…now…I’ll be cleaning up the style and streamlining past, present, and future posts to be more readable and therefore also more enjoyable.
One thing I’m returning to is the Top Ten list, which is basically a list of 10 things I am currently enjoying in a “sucking the marrow out of life” sense.
These can be books, places, CD’s, food items, or anything else I deem appropriate for inclusion.
For right now, it looks something like this:
- Readings in Chuck Klosterman, new and old.
- The new Between the Buried and Me EP
- Parking at school, and then walking to Starbucks in the early AM
- Relaxing by the pool, progressively working my way through Harry Potter
- Trying to play any of the songs off of Periphery’s self-titled album on guitar
- The current sermons series at Crosspointe Church in Orlando
- Re-watching Arrested Development series in its entirety in the evenings with Ali
- Discovering new (to me) sitcoms like Modern Family, Happy Endings, Breaking In and Traffic Light
- Rediscovering my summer playlist in iTunes
- Spending the mornings reading outside Starbucks and enjoying their limited availability of coconut syrup
No idea when all this might change, but I’ll do a better job of keeping you in the loop.