Like I learned from Michael Dalton, sometimes you just need a bullet point blog post. So, here you go:
- If you haven’t ever heard of Douglas Wilson, you should definitely check out his current sermon series working through 1 & 2 Samuel. I took a graduate class on the Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles and I’ve personally benefited more from this sermon series.
- Today I leave for a high school retreat with the school I now teach at, which if you didn’t see that memo, I’m now the high school biology and anatomy teacher at the International Community School here in Orlando. Dr. Blount taught me well, and so the first week was devoted to philosophy of science in both classes.
- About the retreat though, it should be fun, but I’m also starting an herbal cleanse today (see below). The next 48 hours will be interesting
- When I saw the herbalist yesterday who suggested said cleanse, I was also validated in my sun worshipping (i.e. reading out by the pool or outside at Starbucks in excessive amounts). She said I need more vitamin D, which I thought, “well, looks like I moved to the right state.”
- I finally decided that I need a 7-string guitar. This is a partial stepping stone to an 8-string, but is also because there’s a bunch of songs by Periphery and TesseracT that require the 7-string. I’ll probably keep my Epiphone setup down a step and a half just because its aweseome.
- Have you checked out Audible.com, you might like their initial free audio books when you sign up. I got two free and then decided to cancel so as to not pay the $14.95 a month, but to keep from cancelling, they offered me a rate of $7.95 for the next three months, which includes a free audiobook a month (or $7.95 per audiobook). So, word to the wise, sign up for Audible and get two free audiobooks (which you can listen to on your iPhone app) and then toward the end of your 30-day free trial, attempt to cancel it citing financial reasons, and then accept a reduced rate for the next three months and three more audiobooks. We’ll see what happens when I attempt to cancel again. I’ll keep you posted.
- Lastly, has everyone else’s sunlight angles shifted? They have here in Florida and even though it is still relatively hot, it looks like fall outside, which excites me. I may reflect on this further in an upcoming post, but just thought I’d point it out now.
So there you have it, a short update of what’s new for me.