34 Days

November 24, 2008 — Leave a comment

So I realized today that I’m a water snob now.

Being a coffee snob comes with the whole black apron deal at working for Starbucks, but little did I know that the water would come with it as well.

Apparently, a cup of coffee is 90% water (its the other 10% that has all the magic), so Starbucks is very picky about their water standards.

As in reverse osmosis triple filtered for everything (except the tap of course).

Having worked there and knowing that, I know where to find a quality glass of water when I need one.

Its an odd feeling to be craving a glass of water first thing in the morning, but when you train yourself to drink one every morning for a whole semester when you wake up I guess this is what happens.

Foregoing the convenience of grabbing a glass of East Tennessee tap water (are you kidding me?) on my way out the door of Steven’s to go to an eye appointment, I drove out my way to hit up the beloved Turkey Creek Starbucks.

For a Venti Ice Water.

Oh and the last cranberry orange muffin…score!

Then I found out my vision has improved (I suppose in more ways than one) and that is why my contacts have had a general blurriness to them.

Good thing I don’t have 6-months or so of the old prescription lying around waiting to be used.

I mean that would be a shame if I had enough contacts to make it through the rest of the school year or something like that because I had thought ahead and got them for free while I was still on my parents insurance.

Anyway, not that I’m bitter or anything

Everyone should read Van Til’s The Defense of the Faith at some point.

And then find someone who understands philosophy to explain it to you.

More readily grasped though might be Bahnsens’s Always Ready

Being Van Til’s best student at Westminster he might know a thing or two about what Van Til was getting at.

Too bad he died young.

So now I sit here at my old reading grounds (there’s a pun in there) trying to decide how to spend the few days I have off here in Tennessee.

Or in other words, how much work should I try to get done while I’m on break?

E-mails, music practice, Hebrew studying, research for papers, reading for next semester, Christmas shopping.

Oh and maybe hanging out with my parents.

Oh Christmas you can’t come soon enough…

Meanwhile, rainy Mondays in Tennesee with a stack of books and a heart longing to fast forward a month will have to do.

Nate

Posts Twitter Facebook

I'm an avid reader, musician, and high school Bible teacher living in central Florida. I have many paperback books and our house smells of rich glade air freshners. If you want to know more, then let's connect!

No Comments

Be the first to start the conversation.

Want To Add Your Thoughts?